17.2.08

Hott Top!



I have to say the best part about this blog, I’m finding out, is that it allows for the potential to meet new people. So I have to say that this picture will forever remind me of one of my coolest moments, in 2008.

So, I have a friend (really one of my closest friends) who works in the entertainment industry and she often invites me to events and functions where there are, what some people might consider, high profile people (in South Africa), as well as personalities who often mingle with these people, and thus, sometimes, consider themselves somewhat important. Now, these people often take themselves too seriously, and as a result, don’t have the time or space to be pleasant/polite to the ‘average’ individual, like myself. But on Friday night I was approached by the person you see in the above photo, who just took an interest in the outfit I was wearing. Strangely enough I had already spotted him earlier, as a result of his top, and was contemplating approaching him to ask if I could take his photo. In any case what made this moment so memorable is the genuine amiability that existed in the conversation, his sincere interest in my passion for fashion, and the mutual appreciation of clothing. Basically, it comes down to the fact that this is one such individual, who in his own right did not have to find the time or space to be pleasant/polite to the ‘average’ individual, like myself, but he was, that is both polite and pleasant. In fact, he took it further, and maybe, just maybe, or at least hopefully, I have a new friend.

Okay, but let’s not forget the main premise of this blog, that is Jozi street fashion. I am totally feeling the shirt. Tres cool! Plus I dig the expression on his face, in this photo. The little smile is so cute!

No comments: